Enrichment - what is it and why!
Enrichment is the process of enriching your dog's life through toy and play...specifically in this regard through using toys to stimulate, entertain and tantalise the mind!
We stock and distribute the Sodapup toy range - which we strongly believe to be the best range in the entire world! They're also the best means for enrichment! There are so many toys in the range! So many interesting, different shapes so that your dog will never get bored of their toys. Our treat dispensing dog toys are easy to stuff, are freezeable and after use are even dishwasher friendly! They're all 100% USA made - not made in Asia.
Dog's have a natural instinct to forage for food and the Sodapup Treat Dispensers offer a perfect means to do so! Not all dog toys are made to offer enrichment! There are so many different shapes in the Sodapup toy range - like a Cupcake, Bullfrog, Can Toy and so much more!
The benefits to stuffing a Sodapup Dog Toy...plus a photo of Loki!
It's one of the easiest ways to keep your dog's mind mentally stimulated but there are even more reasons...
- Filling a SodaPup Treat Dispenser will help keep your dog busy
- They’re perfect slow feeders for dogs that gulp their food!
- They help keep your dog occupied while you go to work!
- A stuffed SodaPup canine enrichment toy gives your dog a task to do!
- Stuffed SodaPup treat toys for dogs give your dog plenty of mental stimulation
- Enrichment toys for puppies help you to crate train your dog
How to stuff your Sodapup dog toy!
...here we share some easy ways and ingredients...but if you want ongoing photos, videos and new recipes - follow us on our socials!
The first thing to think of is what types of foods does your dog love? Do they love soft foods like yoghurt and peanut butter... do they like raw food or kibble..
The base to your enrichment should always be something that acts as a gelling agent. Peanut Butter, condensed bone broth, yogurt, raw food, pureed fruits & veg (some you'll need to boil before pureeing), applesauce and cottage cheese for example. These will help gel and hold your enrichment together inside the toy.
Then you can stuff and add extra fillings to the toy...! These are some of our suggestions:
- Apples (no core, stems, or seeds)
- Baby Food (natural)
- Blackberries (will stain – use with caution)
- Blueberries (will stain – use with caution)
- Brussels Sprouts
- Rock Melon
- Cottage Cheese
- Flax Seeds
- Green Beans
- Honey (in moderation due to high sugar content)
- Oranges (in moderation)
- Peanut Butter
- Pumpkin (canned)
- Rice (cooked)
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Sweet Potato
- Watermelon (seedless)
- Yogurt (plain, lowfat)
And let your doggo enjoy!